Sunday, July 26, 2009

From Trio to Team!

It's been a strange few days!
The team arrived from Thurrock and Norfolk on Weds and as we prepared for them to arrive, bought loads of plates, glasses, food and drink and thought about how the general atmosphere would change I pondered lessons learnt and lessons yet to be learnt simply because sometimes absent minded pondering is the best way for my muddled mind to organise itself.
So then the team arrived! 21 people invading our nice organised house where we can sleep on the sofa, sit on the balcony have a hot shower and not bother about other people getting in the way.
Suddenly the whole feel has changed. Most of these people haven't ever been on a team mission trip abroad (myself included) and the motives, ideas, plans and way of living has turned around. relationships in the team have to be watched, issues dealt with, supplies constantly renewed and still the work goes on.
Basically I'm not sure what I'm thinking, but having really enjoyed the first few weeks and I think connected a bit with the locals I'm now getting into the swing of team mission and how that works. I'm actually enjoying having the team here, with the added challenges and diversity that it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment