Friday, September 18, 2009

Home

Well here we are.

Sailing in to Dover, seeing the white cliffs and knowing that English Soil will soon be back under foot is a lovely feeling. The last few days in Amsterdam, Utrecht and then to Dunkerque have been strange, a curious mix of excitment to go home, wanting to make the most of the last few days and then the inevitable questions about what to do when I get back.

And now, We've been back a few days. Having kept it on the down low that we were coming home early it's been nice to have some space to get stuff done, see a few friends and not be overwhelmed by having to tell and re tell the stories to masses of people. Yesterday was one of the best days I've had this summer and although I've had some amazing times and seen some amazing things, just hanging out, loafing around watching youtube videos, getting breakfast, playing poker, chatting and then curry was so nice with that particular bunch of people.

Although getting home and seeing folks is great I feel a bit distanced from things, there's so much that's happening without me and so many new things and people to hear about that I feel completely out of it. and really I don't feel like making the effort to catch up on what I've missed. maybe it's just cos I've got quite a lot of things to sort out and plan and maybe it's just part of getting home after a prolonged absence but I'd love to just keep the friends I had when I went, get back in to an easy routine and plod along for a bit.

Instead here I am trying to end a blog of endings, trying think and dream of new beginnings and not actually getting anywhere with any of the things I've got on my list of things to do.

2 comments:

  1. ahh sim, wot can i say its been amazing to have been away and its always tuff to find your place when you get back but. There is a place for you, how much have we learned, how much have we been inspired how far have we come on our journey, but now is the time to take all of that and put it to use.

    Now you have been well blessed - you know wot to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sim. So good to have you back. I'm looking forward to the next year.

    ReplyDelete