Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thoughts

Time for a bit of mixed muddledness.

Here we are sitting at another campsite, in Jeff cos it’s too windy on the bonnet, listening to a few tunes and I’m just pondering. We’ve just been to Denmark to a few days, I’ve ticked of my 19th country ever and it’s nearly time to go home.

What have I learnt? And have I actually learnt it? Have I made the most of this summer or have I just spent nearly £3000 on a good time? Of course I’ve also been thinking and talking about what happens next, what will I do when I get home and how will the rest of my life pan out?

Really, and I think Steve would agree. We’ve learnt about relationships, that to give time and energy to a person. To listen, to care for, to receive from and to share life is a majorly important way to change lives. We’ve learnt about giving the best (just this morning we read in proverbs about giving the first fruits). We’ve learnt so much and met so many people that to even begin to sum up seems impossible.

And then that ever recurring question... ‘What comes next?’
“you’re 22 you should get some direction, discipline and responsibility in your life”, “you’re young and can do whatever you put your mind to”, “God’s got great plans for you just keep following him” are just a few bits of advice I’ve been given. How do I live a radical God centred life living each day as it comes, being the chess piece I’ve been made to be, plan for the next few years, choose what I’d like to do etc....?

I just get lost with so much advise and choice. Yea I see the validity of most of the points people are making but... that doesn’t help with the day to day of what do I do?

So I’ve got a few ideas and I’ll keep praying, listening and trying to follow that still small voice, but If it doesn’t look like you think my life should go, then, hey, it’s my life and I pray most of all that If I’ve got it wrong God would be shouting super loud in my direction.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 18:35-36
    "You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great. You enlarged my path under me,so my feet did not slip."

    Psalm 37:24
    "though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand."

    These verses came to mind as I read your last paragraph. Go for it! God's got your back. :o)

    ReplyDelete